• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  leave me where the light pours down
    sickle
    Sickle feels guilt, finally, when her mom apologizes for failing them - when she didn’t. Wishbone hadn’t failed at all, and even Sickle knows that. She had walked right up to Gale and had barely even hesitated to go with him because he said he was a friend of her mom’s. “I’m sorry I went with him, mom. He said…” But her voice cracks and she decides it doesn’t matter. It bothers her to see her mom cry, and she reaches up with her small blue muzzle to brush Wishbone’s cheek, thinking about shifting into something with long arms that she can wrap around and give a proper hug with but she doesn’t want to move.

She likes this shape the best, the one where she matches her mom and her brother and the rest of their family.

So she just tries to return the comfort she’s learned from this very mare, staying close and feeling her phoenix companion press gently into her hip, letting her know he’s there too.

At the question, she is quick to shake her head. “No, no mom, I'm okay.” Just tired, just feeling like her young mind is pulled in so many different directions. But Sickle doesn’t know how to explain that. She can see the blood now, when she looks down, but she feels no hurt so she does not believe it is hers - so she offers quietly, by way of explanation. “They fought, Gale and… and the white mare.” She doesn’t remember what had happened after she had been knocked out, doesn’t know that her throat had been torn open. Or that she had gone through worse in an alternate future.

She’s still thinking about what her mom said about the curse in his family, and she is thinking about her brother too. And so it’s with a voice filled with fear and wide, mismatched eyes that she asks very quietly “Will the Curse get us next since we’re his kids?” As scared as Sickle is of that happening, of turning into someone mean, she wants to protect Malik more. He’s the best, most kindest brother in the whole world and he needs to stay that way.

@Wishbone

Messages In This Thread
    leave me where the light pours down - by Sickle - 06-27-2021, 07:43 PM
    RE: leave me where the light pours down - by Sickle - 06-30-2021, 08:14 PM