• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  leave me where the light pours down
    sickle
    It’s not comforting exactly, what Wishbone tells her, but one day she’ll appreciate the honesty. When she can understand a little better what is happening. When she’s older is a phrase that she typically finds annoying but it seems perfectly fitting now. On that day she’ll appreciate that she knows what might happen to either her or Malik, and that Wishbone will be there with them the whole way.

For now, she is secure in her belief that their mom will do whatever she can to keep them safe - and Sickle knows she needs to be smarter about who she wanders off with. Figuring out which smiles are fake and which are true isn’t something she knows how to do just yet. But, she reasons with herself - if she's ever unsure in the future, she knows who she should ask.

She just nods now, not sure what else to say, and rests her head against Wishbone’s skin and lets the scent of her mom soothe away her worries with each breath. They’ll come back soon but for now they do not matter and she can forget they exist. She is still small enough that it is an easy thing to do.

@Wishbone just a little baby closer for this little baby thread <33

Messages In This Thread
    leave me where the light pours down - by Sickle - 06-27-2021, 07:43 PM
    RE: leave me where the light pours down - by Sickle - 07-01-2021, 06:27 PM