• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  did I build this ship to wreck

There comes a time when avoiding everyone, shying away from all contact, gets very boring and lonely. Tiasa had enjoyed it for a time, had carved out a little place for herself deep in the forest where few would find her and fewer still would survive the meeting. Those were the ones who had tried to touch her, the ones who had wanted a piece.

They got what they deserved but even this game grows tiresome eventually.

She does not feel afraid when she emerges, when she follows the flow of the river to the ocean and lets it sing to her in a way she had avoided in some time. For most of her life she’s scorned the breezy tropical life of her relatives but now she wonders if they’ve had it right all along. Tiasa certainly would fit in with the island scenery with the pink flowers that cluster around her seaglass horns, the bright teal and pink of her eyes as they blink in the early morning light.

The teal and silver mare remains as a kelpie for some time, drifting in the shallow waters. They are warm still, some remnants of summer lingering a little longer here in the water. Her eyes turn from the distant, hazy horizon back to shore as she sun begins to rise. She just stares blankly at the sand and the trees for a time, not truly existing in this moment until she hears the sound of someone nearby.

She shifts then, returning to a horse - wading through the shallow water back to the shore. Feigning disinterest, hoping that whoever else is wandering around the shore this morning will come over and say hello so she is not forced to.

tiasa

art by dozymare

open to any!

Messages In This Thread
    did I build this ship to wreck - by Tiasa - 06-29-2021, 05:52 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreak - by jamie - 09-08-2021, 03:31 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by Tiasa - 09-19-2021, 03:32 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by jamie - 09-19-2021, 05:19 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by Tiasa - 09-25-2021, 10:28 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by jamie - 10-16-2021, 12:40 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by Tiasa - 11-11-2021, 07:48 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by jamie - 11-13-2021, 09:00 PM