• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  did I build this ship to wreck
    jamie
    I CAN’T EXACTLY DESCRIBE HOW I FEEL
    BUT IT’S NOT QUITE RIGHT
    He grins, shadows spilling out of his ink-black mouth, the razored edges of his teeth reflecting no light as he considers her.

And he can feel himself slipping backwards into the thing he used to be. The thing with heaving sides, a death rattle trapped in his throat, sinister in subtler ways. The thing that could not be touched because there was nothing about him that did not seem to be made up, invented by his mother and projected out onto the world without any real substance.

Yes, this is the skin that fits him most comfortably.
    This skin with which he had so tenderly kissed Balto’s brow as he’d drawn the life out of him and replaced it with something altogether different.

So he does not smirk when she says that she has been hiding everywhere she could, that she does not enjoy interaction. He tilts his peculiar head and rakes his freakish yellow gaze down the length of her and back up again. 

And yet something drew you out of hiding,” he observes, the voice having gone thin again. Much the same as it always was. Barely there at all.

He shackles his focus to her face again. “What is it that you’re looking for?” 

AND IT LEAVES ME COLD

@Tiasa

Messages In This Thread
    did I build this ship to wreck - by Tiasa - 06-29-2021, 05:52 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreak - by jamie - 09-08-2021, 03:31 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by Tiasa - 09-19-2021, 03:32 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by jamie - 09-19-2021, 05:19 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by Tiasa - 09-25-2021, 10:28 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by jamie - 10-16-2021, 12:40 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by Tiasa - 11-11-2021, 07:48 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by jamie - 11-13-2021, 09:00 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by Tiasa - 01-16-2022, 08:54 PM