• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  did I build this ship to wreck

There is a distant part of Tiasa’s mind that tells her that she should be afraid - that this is a predator greater than what she is. From the way shadows spill out of his mouth to the sharp edges of his teeth she can only just make out among the darkness.

It is a part she finds easy to ignore. The movement of his eyes down her body once more seems familiar, seems right. That is the sort of reaction she should inspire - she was a creature made to be admired. So it is difficult to feel afraid when she feels comfortable under a wandering gaze. Even to her, it does not make much sense why she would have hidden away when she so clearly enjoyed being the focus of someone else’s attention.

Even when she has little to say. “And yet.” She repeats with a small shrugging movement.

These shouldn’t be difficult questions, but they are. She frowns in thought, wishing she had something more interesting to offer up than the truth. Or that she had more experience to be clever with her lies. That would come with practice and time. So for now she just gives what she has, as little as it is. “I’m not sure. Something… more.” Fortunately, everything is more than what she has experienced so far. “I just don’t know where to start looking.”

Her head tilts a little to the side as she regards him, the glimmer of a smile returning to her pink and blue eyes. A few of the petals in her mane dislodge with the movement of her neck and they float gently to the ground as she speaks. “Any suggestions?”

tiasa

art by dozymare

@ jamie

Messages In This Thread
    did I build this ship to wreck - by Tiasa - 06-29-2021, 05:52 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreak - by jamie - 09-08-2021, 03:31 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by Tiasa - 09-19-2021, 03:32 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by jamie - 09-19-2021, 05:19 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by Tiasa - 09-25-2021, 10:28 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by jamie - 10-16-2021, 12:40 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by Tiasa - 11-11-2021, 07:48 PM
    RE: did I build this ship to wreck - by jamie - 11-13-2021, 09:00 PM