• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  You're not like anything I know or I've known| Mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale had known the source of the broken fang in Mazikeen’s smile, but the Curse only appreciates the way it adds danger to her face, danger that does not fade even when she adopts a less predatory shape.

The flaming curve of her horns remind him of a crown, one that befits the title of Queen she’s taken. Once, Mazikeen had used the Pack as a reason to stay in Hyaline. And the Curse, eager for so many loved ones to use against her, had swayed its host to agree. Now, many of them are gone, but the prospect of not having to share her at all is worth their absence.

Her boldness is unexpected, but Gale murmurs his appreciation of it along her cheek as he kisses her. The motion had been lazy, the sleep still heavy in his limbs, so he does not pull away and instead leans against her. She smells of venison.

So she’d not gone after another horse, it seems, and Gale feels a brief pang of disappointment. If only she’d kill the angels, and save him the trouble.

Perhaps they can do it together.

Will their blood glow, Gale wonders? Will it taste of light? His stomach rumbles, and he asks with the audacity of a grown male lion: “Did you save any for me?”

@Mazikeen

current appearance: glowing perlino stallion with feathered quetzalcoatl forelimbs, lightning, and iridescent navy blue scarring

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You're not like anything I know or I've known| Mazikeen - by Gale - 07-03-2021, 08:19 PM