• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky
    Leilan
    A silent command - the white gyrfalcon leaves the scene in the same direction Nashua had. An amused smile follows when Obscene makes his remark, claiming knowledge over Gale in the form of Aela. The scheming chestnut mare has to wait a while longer, however - wait for her brother to return to his home. The portal closes quickly behind the dark, scheming fae horse, and he turns to assess Ciri.

The star-mare is slow to stand, or to walk, but she can. She can walk and that is what matters - she will strengthen in time, she will scheme and wonder and she will grow. It is always from hurt that one can grow; peaceful times are a lull. He doesn’t say so out loud however, because he has found that people can be rather snibby about hurt and growing when they have just hit a low. So annoying. Anyway.

He nods to the dark mare. ”I’ll wait.” For Nashua fo return, that is. Officially the younger stallion is his king now, and sometimes he does wonder if he did a good thing there - it could change their relationship a lot. Officially, Nash could command him - luckily the striped pegasus knows that if he does, he would probably lose his magical champion.

And perhaps it is time to move - much like Brennen had, he could technically just stop being the champion or even just not live here, but still be tied to the land. It is the climate that will always keep him (or in Hyaline, but that seems to be taken by a curse, now). It is certainly a fancy idea to just stick to roaming around Beqanna again. Perhaps one day - How do we stop him? she asks and regains his attention.

He frowns. Do we stop him?” he asks in return. For a moment he is silent, processing the question. There is, for one, the assumption that he can be stopped. Leilan doubts this - the curse had been Wolfbane’s, last he knew, and should have died with him when none of his children had killed him, but someone else. Someone who had died with him to prevent it living on. Second the assumption that Leilan could do something about it. Third that he would - it was, for so long, a matter for someone else. If he hadn’t been so close to Lilli and her sons he would not even have considered it.

He sighs. ”I don’t know.” he admits. It almost seems to him that it is once more time for another last visit to the Mountain, and he already loathes the idea. No. First things first. ”But whatever we do, first you have to be able to walk straight.” he points out matter-of-factly. It is no point arguing over the things they have no control over. ”Baby steps, Ciri. Baby steps.”
    something so right
    doing the wrong thing

@Ciri
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky - by Ciri - 07-04-2021, 12:55 PM
    RE: If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky - by Leilan - 07-30-2021, 09:38 AM