• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i think i could live in it | mazikeen

Mazikeen the wildcat sleeps with a ferocious expression despite the peace she feels but as she begins to wake, a smile grows. It does not soften her face as it once had, but it is a warmer fire - a more pleasant burn. She knows who it is that is shifting against her, who has his face buried against her shoulder. Heat stirs inside of her, flames being coaxed into life, and when she opens her burning gaze to look at him her smile dances among the fire.

The first topic is not one she would have guessed at and those eyes widen a little in surprise. No fear is there, not any more, and she listens with interest as he explains. What was it about the boy, she wonders, that makes Gale think he’d be worth having?

And when he asks what she thinks, sounding like he actually would like to know, she replies honestly. “I’d like to see him.” Her time with Sickle had been brief and she wonders if she should have kept the girl anyway. Now, it feels weak to have cast the girl back in Tephra.

She nuzzles in close, burying her face into his fur and watching the lightning arc across it before she asks in a voice that holds nothing but the remnants of sleep and mild curiosity “Will we actually get to keep him or are you going to make me kill him too?” He had freed her from obedience, but he still might ask things of her - and she had not been lying when she told him her freedom would look much the same.

m a z i k e e n .

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    i think i could live in it | mazikeen - by Gale - 07-04-2021, 02:49 PM
    RE: i think i could live in it | mazikeen - by Mazikeen - 07-04-2021, 03:22 PM