• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  when it falls in place with you and i
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

“I know just the place,” he murmurs against her cheek, and in the next moment they are in Islandres, and the wintry mix that had been falling around them is replaced instead by muted sunlight that dapples her fur.

The air is cool but not cold, and Gale shifts to become a large bird. He is still colored like himself - palest gold with a blue throat, and the same iridescent blue lines along his belly and the lower half of his neck. He glows, which is not atypical of the many parrots of the land, but the flickers of blue lighting across his feathers are certainly unusual.

They are on the island within the island, the black sand meadow and small forest that Gale had called his home for the better part of a decade. The grass shifts color in waves that match the turquoise waves, and only a narrow line of black sand separates the lush grasses from the gentle waves. When the tide is out the beaches will be far wider, and sandbars will appear from beneath the clear water to allow someone who knows the way to cross without getting too wet.

At the heart of the meadow a cluster of mares graze. He runs sharp teeth along her spine, recalling his promise to the white mare. Not even to hurt them. It is not so hard a promise. Before her, sex had been a tool, one use for procreation and pleasure (his own, which came in no small part from the weeping and moaning).

There is something more now, something that sets his skin ablaze everywhere they touch, and he is glad for this moment that there is space between them.

“Which one?” He asks, deciding that he will bring her the heart when he has had his fill of whichever mare she sends him after.

@Mazikeen

current appearance: glowing perlino wildcat with lightning and iridescent navy blue scarring -> glowing perlino macaw with lightning and iridescent navy blue scarring

@Kypria

Messages In This Thread
    when it falls in place with you and i - by Gale - 07-05-2021, 09:21 PM