• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  when it falls in place with you and i
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

It does not occur to Gale that Mazikeen is irritated that he hadn’t gutted her as foreplay, or that the source of her furious blazing is anger that he’d drawn away.

He can tell she is angry though, can feel the warm hum of it through the magic, see the shadows it casts on the ground. There is no warmth when he runs his teeth along her spine, only the indifferent way she chooses a target.

Something he’s done has aggravated her.
    There is a new, strange part of him that is concerned about this.

But it is a small part, and one that is easily ignored.

So he turns back to the trio of mares, and finds the one she’s chosen. The wings - fins? - that glitter at her sides make her stand out from her equally pale sisters, and after a moment of watching her Gale looks back at Mazikeen.

She is still...off, so he gives an irritated squawk that turns to a low growl as he flutters to the ground and becomes a raptor once more. It is such an efficient shape for this type of hunt, and in it he can forget the unfamiliar discomfort that feelings have brought to him.

Now there is only the hunt.
    There are only four of them in the world, and as Gale races forward and peels the mare away from the herd, there are only two of them.

He drives her across the meadow, relishing the smell of her fear and the way the blood drips from the myriad of shallow bites he’s littered across her belly and hind end. She avoids the water and Gale moves so they are headed back to the copse where he has left Mazikeen.

Is she still sulking? The thought comes unbidden, and he roars at it. Impatient, he wields magic while distracted, and rather than snap a single bone he breaks nearly every one.

Gale’s roar fades into the silence of an Islandres morning. The distant splashing of the other fleeing mares is gone, and the birds (whose flock memories extend back to the time of dragons) are not disturbed by the reptile’s roaring for long. Soon the chatter of them picks up again, and Gale circles the meal that lays collapsed on the ground.

She’s quivering.
    Can Mazikeen even see it from up there in the tree?

He releases the magic from her jaw, and with the use of it she begins to plead: ”Please don’t hurt me. Please. I don’t want to die. Don’t kill me.”

He steps closer, and rips a piece of flesh from her shoulder. She screams, and he swallows it. He’s meant to taunt her, to taunt Mazikeen, but as he feels the meat settle into his belly he can no longer ignore his hunger.

Gale feeds, and sometime while he does the mare dies, but he does not pause to watch the light fade from her eyes. He gorges himself instead, drinking deep of blood and power until the lightning is a constant glow along his skin.

“Mazikeen,” he calls, his eyes glazed as he looks for her up in the trees. “Mazikeen, come down.”

@Mazikeen

current appearance:glowing perlino macaw with lightning and iridescent navy blue scarring -> black utahraptor

Messages In This Thread
    when it falls in place with you and i - by Gale - 07-05-2021, 09:21 PM
    RE: when it falls in place with you and i - by Gale - 07-06-2021, 06:55 AM