• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  they say nothing good happens here when midnight rolls around; any
    His mind was like a rock skipping across water, moving too quickly to sink deeply into consideration of the concept of sacrifice. He was dimly aware of the meaning of the word itself but had no interest in how such a thing might affect him and all the interest in the world for the promise of adventure laid before him by Malik. The promise of mischief turned his red eyes into rubies, full of eager, sparkling light, and though he did not intend to look cruel, the angles of his sharp teeth lent no kindness to the creeping grin that pulled at the edges of his lips.

"Yes!" he cried in a sharp whisper, "let's go!"

With a snort, the colt leapt into the air as though he had wings to take off, kicking savagely at nothing and then racing ahead as soon as his feet touched down to earth once again. His anger and resentment had burnt away at the promise of something exciting to do and to see. He did not wait to see if Malik would keep up (he was, in fact, quite sure that the other boy would come racing, too, as ignorant of his caution as Malik was Raum's anger,) and so spared no backward glance until the Entities loomed large before him. Then, abruptly, his mood shifted again, from certainty and gaiety to that brooding frown. The buckskin boy is still angry to think he had slept beneath Straia's flames and Starlace's stony glare and neither had ever bestowed a gift upon him.

Oh, But Malik had said you have to make a sacrifice. Raum squealed softly, frustrated - what was the right kind of sacrifice? - and looked back, searching for the striped colt's bi-colored gaze. Malik is the expert here.

"D'ya think they'd want my sister? I fight with her all the time and I don't think my mom would really care if we sacrificed her."

Raum*
    in every bird a black thought

---------
    +319 =1503 words
    Please tag ratty or Raum* (<--with the asterisk) in threads!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: they say nothing good happens here when midnight rolls around; any - by Raum* - 08-15-2021, 03:12 PM