• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i just want to hold you close to me
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Night has turned the rainbow of Hyaline’s blossoming trees to a thousand shades of silvery grey, and moonlight dapples the black earth with pale white light. Overhead, the full spring moon is almost day bright, casting each individual stone into stark relief, and turning the world around him truly monochrome. The wind that blows down from the highest mountains still whispers of snow, but spring’s hold on the mountainous kingdom is firm.

The cursed creature  can feel the soft press of new growth beneath his leonine paws as he descends, the heads of grasses eager to cover the granite cliffs with green. Far below him, the lake is a distant glitter between the trees. He licks his lips, then picks at the stubborn bit of bone lodged between two pointed teeth. Rock sheep are not the most delicious of prey, but they are challenging and he’d wanted a challenge.

Or rather, he’d wanted to know what would happen after the challenge.

And he knows now. His belly is full and the slaughter of the hard-haired bovid had been enough. The need to kill, to maim, to destroy - it’s satisfied. One small sheep, and he’s done.

This makes no sense.
    So he ignores it.

The glowing creature continues down the mountain, passing the cave where his child sleeps, secure and safe. It has taken him several months, working magics that he half guesses and half creates. But he’s taken the memories of Malik from nearly every eye that ever saw him, pulling and weaving and changing what had been seen to illusion. It makes him dizzy most days, and occupies much of his time. In this way, too, he is not so unlike Gale had once been: always Staring off into the distance.

Tonight though, he is looking with his own eyes. Blue and sharp, they rove the black and white kingdom until he finds her. He’s not sure what drew him to her, but the Curse finds her easily, slipping up beside the white Queen and touching her gently as he shifts to match the skin she wears.

His newly grown heart thrills at her nearness, but the sensation no longer alarms him, no more than does the way Contentment eases out of him and into the air between them. Their time together has added countless bits of blue to Gale’s skin, but he is gentle tonight as he smoothes the snow-to-shadow hair that has been mussed by the night wind.

He says nothing, because the concern that had been lingering despite mentally shoving it away has eased in her presence. A strange sensation, but one he is growing fond of.

@Mazikeen

current appearance:mostly navy blue lion with glowing perlino markings and blue lightnings -> whatever Mazikeen is

Messages In This Thread
    i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-22-2021, 07:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-23-2021, 10:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 09:43 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 06:08 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 07:10 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-26-2021, 10:07 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-28-2021, 06:37 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 06:52 AM