• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i just want to hold you close to me

A soft laugh escapes Mazikeen at Gale’s question, wondering whether he often thinks of his brother while they’re together, but she is too satisfied to tease him for the moment - too intoxicated on his presence and his touch. So this joke fades and she just replies to the question. “Eventually. But every day he delays will make it easier to keep his son from him.” Her opinion of Nashua hadn’t been favourable since the day he brought Bolder here for his first shifting lesson and it has steadily lessened the longer that time stretches out after the steal. Did he even care about the boy at all? Was he under the mistaken belief that Bolder was under the care of the warm-hearted Mazikeen and the kind Gale instead of the creatures they are today and so unworried?

She cannot imagine that there was a force on the earth that could keep her from something stolen from her.

Mazikeen is distracted from visions of her burning the wilds as they had scorched the earth beneath them tonight when thoughts coast through her mind that are not hers. She growls in response to them - not the needy growl she had made moments ago but one filled with that stubbornness that could not be snuffed out. A few glowing markings appear down her spine, adding their fiery light to the night and illuminates his iridescent skin where he leans against her.

I don’t hide.” She comments in an icy voice, her burning eyes focused on Hyaline. All of Beqanna could show up to tear her apart and Mazikeen’s mind blazes with the belief that she will return, that the gift Gale had given her will see her reborn and then everyone who dared to touch her will feel her wrath.

But she also feels some of the sense of this plan, though she isn’t sure it is her own understanding or simply his thoughts transplanted into her mind. If there is a day when they are outmatched, it does make sense to regroup somewhere else - doesn’t it? So when she continues speaking, there’s less ice in her voice though it is no less pointed. “But if we’re to run to Islandres or be driven from Hyaline, I hope it is because we had more fun than stealing one stupid boy.”

And now she feels it again, that restlessness rising up and twisting her stomach. Surely there should be something else they do with their time (in addition to this particular favourite pastime, of course, not instead of). Weren't they going to burn the world? Wasn't she going to stand beside him through it all? Mazikeen still does not know what she wants for herself, but there are many things that are easy to want with him.

art by nikkayla

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-22-2021, 07:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-23-2021, 10:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 09:43 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Mazikeen - 07-25-2021, 01:07 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 06:08 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 07:10 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-26-2021, 10:07 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-28-2021, 06:37 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 06:52 AM