• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i just want to hold you close to me

Mazikeen resorts back to her natural self when Gale steps away, confusion sinking in as she turns to face him head-on. Fragments of his thoughts come to her, though they are less clear than before. As though they are moving through a fog (or shadows). She’s distracted by sorting them out as they tumble into her mind and doesn’t answer his first stumbling questions.

She doesn’t care for the way that it stings when she catches the thoughts wondering whether she’s betrayed him. She brushes this feeling aside so she won’t focus on it, so she won’t become determined to prove to him that she is loyal. That she has not been lying when she tells him she wants nothing and no one else even when she doubts whether that is enough.

“Not intentionally.” She answers plainly, her confusion cooling her temper for the moment as she frowns. “You aren’t the one doing this? I thought you were sharing your thoughts with me on purpose. I could feel your desire and then the connection never broke.” There is no accusation in her tone, because she hadn’t minded. It had only enhanced what she had already been feeling.

Her bright eyes do not stray from his face, wondering now why this bothers him so much. Haven’t they shared nearly every single piece of themselves with each other by now? What is this one extra thing?

Unless he has thoughts he wants to keep from her. Unless the idea of betrayal stems from something he is already doing.

Distress and sadness are no longer emotions she feels easily, and instead she stands there with the uncomfortably familiar notion that Gale does not care for her the same way she does him. Not even this twisted, strange version of caring that’s sprung up between them.

But she doesn’t want to ask about that so she just asks curiously “Do you ever read mine?”

art by nikkayla

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-22-2021, 07:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-23-2021, 10:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 09:43 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 06:08 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Mazikeen - 07-25-2021, 06:51 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 07:10 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-26-2021, 10:07 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-28-2021, 06:37 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 06:52 AM