• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i just want to hold you close to me
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

He can see her gaze on him, the burning orange gaze that settles on his face, a pointed reminder that she knows he’s avoiding her. Gale blinks, and finds the darkness behind his eyes is pleasant after the brilliant midnight.

He can feel her gaze on him, bright even though his closed eyes. He hears her move closer but his eyes remain closed. Someone who had known a younger Mazikeen might have been concerned to hear her speak so. Anyone with a well-developed conscience certainly would.

Gale is soothed, thinking of the many wonderful things that had made her purr. When she reaches out to kiss him, he turns his head, returning the gesture just before she pulls away, opening his eyes to meet hers.

What she says does make sense.

She has been evolving, due in no small part to his interference, and Gale is rather proud. He has wondered, now and then, if she understands how he has changed as well. From something that would peel her apart out of boredom to whatever it is he has become. Something with a heart, and the troubles that come with it.

He has no desire to be without her anymore.

This time he is the one who steps closer, near enough so that he can touch the edge of the scar across her chest. The one he’d given her. He has used telepathy before, and tries to remember the way it had felt. He manages only to allow her back into his mind, to let her know what eons of self preservation will never let him say aloud, that when she is ready to kill him, he will let her do it quickly.

If they are caught, she can claim he bewitched her. The thought of her surviving him, of raising Malik and chaos of her own free will, is a remarkably comforting thought. Perhaps she’ll finally give in and start hunting the angels

The thought of hunting makes him think of food, and the fact that his young rock-sheep meal had been eaten many hours earlier. She might notice that he no longer considers her a meal, and instead turns his head toward the meadow where the nearest herd of deer bed down for the night. Mazikeen had already hunted them once tonight, and they are sure to be skittish.

A better challenge than usual, he thinks with a slow smile.

@Mazikeen

current appearance: iridescent mostly navy blue stallion with glowing cremello brindle
    stripes/markings and blue lightnings, white spinal mane and tail

Messages In This Thread
    i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-22-2021, 07:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-23-2021, 10:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 09:43 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 06:08 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 07:10 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-26-2021, 10:07 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-28-2021, 06:37 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 06:52 AM