• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when I'm losing my control, the city spins around
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale had few memories of his childhood for the Curse to rifle through. Those that had survived death and a possession are fragmented and incomplete, but there is enough for him to piece together at least a few things a boy of Bolder’s age would enjoy doing.

Flying as a bird is one such thing.

Learning that Bolder has never done it causes the blue raven to shrug its shoulders delightedly. A hawk, he’d said, and Gale decides that yes - a soaring bird will do well for what he has in mind. He does not register the shame in the boy’s voice at all.

Even if he had, it is not Bolder’s fault his family had failed him.

The raven glances to either side of him, then leaps to Bolder’s mane with a flap of his wings and looks again. Content - having checked to see that Mazikeen is not within earshot - he returns to the boulder.

“How fast do you think you can shift to a hawk? If I dropped you over the lake, do you think you could shift before you hit the water?” Though he sounds excited, he speaks in a remarkably quiet voice for a raven. Being dropped over a lake is commonplace, his enthusiasm suggests. It’s totally something that he can do without issue.

He does not mention that he sometimes accidentally teleports to the Tephran volcano. He has no reason for why it happens. He only knows that it does, and that Mazikeen might be bothered if he burnt Bolder. But he’s pretty sure it won’t happen this time, and he’s keeping his voice down out of an overabundance of caution.

@bolder

current appearance: mostly iridescent navy blue raven with glowing cremello stripes/markings
    and blue lightnings, white stripe from beak to tail, white wings, red V-shape on left wing

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when I'm losing my control, the city spins around - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 06:51 PM