• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when I'm losing my control, the city spins around

What was there to be afraid of, the brownish liopleurodon thinks?

When he was this size - when his sharp teeth glinted in the minimal light that the murky lake offered - the young shapeshifter considered the question again. He had wondered about it several times since his arrival in Hyaline, and Bolder had wondered if it had something to do with his accidental killing of the rabbit a few weeks ago with Mazikeen. But that had been mishap - a result of not being familiar with his own strength as a wolf - and as the massive creature floats near his Uncle, Bolder can only think that it was because he lacked the skill that Gale or Maze had.

As one flipper stretches out through the dark water, the adolescent considers how much greater his skill might become if he learned as much as either as his Uncle and Aunt. He could learn to be better, to better control the shapes he took (and some part of him wonders if he continues to learn, could he make shapes of his imagining?)

How could that be bad?

Bolder remains his current form only a moment longer, before he grows smaller and the Magic drains from him. His fins shrink, his tail changes, and the pointed teeth retracted into the predatory grin of an Orca again. He spins under the water, angling himself below Gale as he clicks up to Uncle: How strong are you? Bolder asks, wanting know more about this Power the other shifter wields.

Wanting to know just how deep this Power was.

@Gale

[Image: 37477440_mkk7ul7XODhpdJ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when I'm losing my control, the city spins around - by bolder - 09-01-2021, 04:25 PM