• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  flint strikes out to pierce the dark, cause a flame from just one spark - anyone
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

There becomes less and less to keep her in the redwoods and she finds her hunt for her half-brother keeps her further and further away from them. There had been no sign of Yan either in her travels but instead of feeling discouraged, she is optimistic. Loess is next on her list but before she heads to the canyons, she decides a bath in the River is in order. It had been many days since she had taken some time for herself and her tight aching muscles scream for relief. The last time she had been here, she had met Molech. And before that, she recalls Tunnel blocking the brunt of the current for her as they crossed it. Together.

Marks from him still linger across her buttery pelt. Once she would have minded, now she finds she does not. She hadn’t seen the forest creature since that night but she isn’t worried about that either. There had been plenty of glimpses of light within his darkness and she can feel it, that knowing. It was a matter of when, not if, that she would see him again. She slips from the muddy bank into the cool waters and simply lets the river wash away all thoughts with the residue from her traveling, closing her eyes and enjoying the feel of rejuvenation. As she opens them again, revealing iris’s of a dark tarnished gold, she catches the glance of the dark bay stallion as he briefly looks in her direction.

She ignores him at first, much as he does her. But she can’t help but glance back over at him again. It’s the strange dark armor that catches her interest first, quickly followed by the rest of him. She looks away and then looks back. Curious. And perhaps it’s less to do with the plating creeping from neck to hindquarters and more to do with that sense of brooding that radiates off him in waves. That darkness. And since the flower-kissed unicorn seems to draw in such creatures naturally, she can’t seem but be ensnared in turn.

“Flowers for your thoughts?” She finally asks him over the rushing stream. A small smile plays across her lips as she remains standing where she is, looking down through the clear running waters to the small pebbles beneath her hooves. “You seem to have much on your mind.”

They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself;
    html © dante.

@Dacian
    [Image: BQjeje-Bardot2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: flint strikes out to pierce the dark, cause a flame from just one spark - anyone - by Bardot - 07-31-2021, 09:45 PM