• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  flint strikes out to pierce the dark, cause a flame from just one spark - anyone
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

It’s strange how she keeps ending up here, how she always seems to find herself in this river. For someone who had loved the humid density of darkness the jungle had provided and even found the misty redwoods of Taiga alluring, she seems to be spending a lot of time in the common lands and most of it is spent soaking in their many streams. Perhaps she had been a waterlily in a previous life, finding reminiscence among the gentle rapids and called by the lulling ways the current splashes against her figure.

Or she just knows that she’s found the most interesting creatures near the waters edge and so she keeps coming back, hoping to collect more of them.

Her smile still lingers despite the blunt “No” he gives her. She looks up from where she had been peering through the surface to glance back at him, giving a small shrug as she does. So he wasn’t the talkative type. So be it. The silence hangs heavy between them now that an invisible wall had been crossed but she doesn’t move away from the tension, instead she leans into it. She picks up a hoof with the intention of drifting a little closer but his voice cuts through the air before she can begin to move.

Slowly she lowers that leg back into the cool depths of the river as she meets his stare with her own inquisitive one.  A perilous game, he says, and she smiles because those are the only games she seems to know how to play. “I’m Bardot.” She offers to him freely, tilting her finely dished head and watching the way sunlight reflects across the rippling surface of the river from both her horn and his lustrous suit of armor. “Now we are no longer strangers. And the offer still stands.” It’s not entirely true since he is still a dark mystery to her but at least she is not to him and somewhere in her head that seems to make logical sense.

They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself;
    html © dante.

@Dacian
    [Image: BQjeje-Bardot2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: flint strikes out to pierce the dark, cause a flame from just one spark - anyone - by Bardot - 08-13-2021, 04:12 PM