• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  If I can't be better than them, I'll become much worse
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Erne, a blue-eyed osprey, has been watching Obscene for some time. The bird stands out from the native animals, being black instead of some pretty pastel, but tonight his dark coloring aids him. He’d spotted the glittering stallion not long after the Entity had sounded the alarm, having been hunting along the river, and watches him now until Gale can reach him.

Gale had heard the alarm as well, but he’d been otherwise engaged at the time. He’d remained so for some time, but it takes him no time at all to simply appear in front of Obscene, vanishing from where he’d been a moment before.

They’d been hunting in the ocean so he is damp, and the white feathers of his peculiar forelimbs are clumped with seawater. The crimson of his V-shaped marking on the left wing is not the only source of blood on him, but there is not enough to be suspicious, and it had only been a seal.

Could Obscene tell the difference, Gale wonders? Or will he smell Mazikeen (falling asleep just now, much farther up in the mountains) and think the worst?

Knowing very little of the long-eared creature, Gale chooses to be cautious.

He’s wearing one of the variations of his usual shape (a tall navy stallion, white-haired, with a pair of gently curling black horns) and makes no effort to appear threatening, or even bothered that this stranger has strolled into his home.

There must be something worthwhile for him to have come to Hyaline. Has something become of Gale’s sister? In the flood of emotions that had come with Aela’s magic had been those directed at a particular individual. Obscene was the target of several of them, and perhaps that is why Gale - feeling the echoes of some of them now - is not immediately inclined to rip him apart. That, and the fact that he is full and content and in a much better mood than usual.

“The Mountain is a little farther south.” He says, stopping in front of the taller back stallion with a curious look in his flickering blue eyes, and a soft smile“Unless something else has brought you here?” Their entities? The Taigan boy? Politics? Perhaps Aela has decided to use him as a messenger as well as a bedwarmer?

There are many possibilities, and he is curious which it might be. His brow raises in a way that is very like his sister’s, and while the movement is genuine it is also for the visitor’s benefit, just in case Aela hasn’t mentioned anything to him about their most recent encounter.

@Obscene

current appearance: iridescent navy blue stallion with glowing cremello brindle striping,
    white spinal mane and tail, black glowing horns

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If I can't be better than them, I'll become much worse - by Gale - 07-29-2021, 09:26 PM