• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  If I can't be better than them, I'll become much worse
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    All he has to do is blink and then the indigo stallion from Aela’s memory appears. He looks mostly the same as what she had shown him, minus the horns encircling his head. There’s a thread of scent amongst the stench of saltwater and seaweed he brings that leaves a metallic tang on his tongue and the snake within him rouses, recognizing the smell and hungering for it. The dark stallion wrinkles his nostrils in distaste even as the scales begin to form beneath the long thick waves of his gold and raven mane. With no strong emotion to attach itself to, the serpent is still not strong enough to completely take him over on a whim but it waits and watches beneath the surface, awake and cunning.

Light dances uncertainty between his long pointed ears as the two simply stand and observe each other. Gale doesn’t seem threatening but he’s well aware of how deceiving appearances can be. He remembers the starry mare and her broken legs, remembers the look on Aela’s face when she had showed him what this stallion had done to her. So he proceeds with caution as well despite the smugness on his lips that says otherwise.

Gale comes closer and speaks as the gold adorned stallion stands unflinchingly still. “I’m exactly where I need to be.” He states calmly, the smirk lingering along his dark mouth despite the rush of adrenaline that pulses through his veins. He was playing with fire but Obscene had always been lucky when it came to getting burned. Hopefully luck would see him through today. Gale’s brow raises in a very familiar way and he merely chuckles. “You look just like her when you do that. But you know that, don’t you?” It’s not quite clear if he’s merely musing to himself aloud or speaking to the thing known as Gale. But he’s aware now that Aela’s brother is something other and not exactly her brother anymore.

He is quiet for a moment as he considers the navy blue horse that was causing such a stir. “I simply wanted to meet you. It’s not every day that my Seneschal has a piece of her heart eaten.” There is a flicker of the snake behind his dark crimson eyes as his anger starts to flare and smolder in the pit of his belly. “Careful.” The Wisp above him warns and he begrudgingly acknowledges it, forcing his muscles to relax beneath taunt skin. “I thought we should have a chat to make sure it doesn’t happen again to her or anyone else that calls the Pampas home.” He gives a slight shrug, as if the rest of the world could burn for all he cares, an expression of indifference easily falling across his face. Of course that’s not exactly true but the less this thing knows, the better.

obscene

@Gale
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If I can't be better than them, I'll become much worse - by Obscene - 08-02-2021, 02:04 PM