• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  If I can't be better than them, I'll become much worse
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    There is no shakiness in his demeanor, nothing that would give away the heightened anticipation that bundles his nerves into a gelatinous puddle that drops into his stomach. He had too much experience wearing a mask of utter disinterest and it serves him well here, in the dragon’s den with the devil itself. The serpent dilates behind the darkening vermillion of his eyes in the silence that follows Gale’s response despite the unamused grin that finds the Fae’s lips. The same thought comes to mind as it does the stallion before him, of trying to tether Aela. As if anyone could stop her from seeking the chaos she so craved.

He should find Gale’s words amusing but there is no missing the meaning behind them, the subtle threat that lingers there. The strange stallion seems to change slightly but its the tightening of the other’s mouth that catches his main focus. He can feel the tensions shifting, rising, between them. An inevitable tempest brewing on the winds. “We both know that won’t do.” He says quietly, that smug smirk never wavering despite his growing trepidation. “Surely someone like you can come up with a more imaginative deal than that.”

What did this being know about the Fae? Would Gale know about their penchant for bargains and slippery contracts? Obscene is curious to just how cunning this thing is, would it see the fairy trick (or trap depending on how one viewed it) that could be struck between them? The gold dusted stallion isn’t above trying for the sake of protecting his own interests. Mostly for those few he cared about… including the ones that he obsessed over unwillingly.

The snake hisses somewhere deep in his chest as it senses the danger in the air and sends a few scattered scales to click into place around his hocks. Wary, watching, waiting to see how Gale would take his unflinching resolve to not leave here without some sort of resolution. He is curious if mentioning Aela further might get him anywhere but he holds off for now, not wanting to draw Gale’s attention back to her if he could help it. And as for Cheri… He hopes to keep her off the menu entirely.

obscene

@Gale
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If I can't be better than them, I'll become much worse - by Obscene - 08-08-2021, 09:44 PM