• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  If I can't be better than them, I'll become much worse
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    If he had known that the Curse had plucked Cheri from his head he might have turned feral right there and then. If he had known that his coming here had drawn the magicians’s eye to her then he would have never come at all, even to avenge the wrongs done to Aela. But he is ignorant to the image that Gale is able to fish from the nets of his mind and as he sees the smile on the others face in consideration of his “deal” he relaxes. Just slightly.

There is one thing that the Curse and the Dark Fae Prince share in common and that is a natural affinity towards mischief. Of course what the Curse found to be mischievous held much darker intentions then most of the pot stirring he usually liked to insert himself into but he sees that thread, that connection, and holds on to it like a lifeline. The brightness begins to dim as his red eyes turn even darker at the mention of Tephra. It’s not stealing the child that bothers him, after all the Fae loved a changeling child which required taking one that wasn’t yours to begin with. It’s the thought of returning to the ash-lands, to his birth place, that makes his eyes flash with distaste.

He had hoped to never go back to that damned land ever again.

However the offer is an interesting one and he makes a show of considering it as his gaze wanders to the peaceful lake and then back to the blood-flecked stallion before him. “If I steal this child, then you’ll leave the South untouched.” He states, making it clear that this is the only compromise he would settle for. He wonders if the Curse will notice how he didn’t specifically say anything about bringing Sickle to Hyaline and hopefully won’t acknowledge that little loophole he’s left for himself. He has a feeling Aela will have her own thoughts on this deal and if he does end up taking this child then perhaps it will be the golden striped mare he sends in his place to deliver her… If he ends up delivering her at all.

There is nothing in him that trusts this stallion, this creature, but he will play along as long as he can if it means giving those few he cares about a fighting chance of survival.

obscene

@Gale
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If I can't be better than them, I'll become much worse - by Obscene - 08-16-2021, 03:19 PM