• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Lately I've been so disconnected
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    When he leaves the Pampas this time, his wandering is with purpose. It is Reave that he seeks in Nerine, the young bone-clad stallion who had unintentionally (or perhaps it had been intentional) made an impression with his riddling questions and hints of the future. He hadn’t cared before when it came to his life and how it would end. But now, it was different. Now there was a magician who ruled the lake and ate hearts and magic. Now Aela was delving into dangerous waters, now Skandar called the Pampas home… Now he had seen what he was at his core in a land beyond. Now Cheri was a Queen.

The answers are just out of reach, what it all means. What he should do about any of it.

If he should do anything at all.

He suspects Nerine’s Guardian might be able to reveal what he seeks, what he needs to know. It's just a matter of trust, if he can trust the boneman enough to believe him, if he can decide that there is truth in the riddles and visions of beyond. Just as Reave had once brushed past the invisible borders of the Pampas, he does so now as he crosses into the seascape lands. The glittering gold accents along his shoulder and face glimmer in the late afternoon sun and join with the bright glint of the fresh constellation patterned across his chest as muscles ripple beneath his flesh with each step taken further into the territory, his dark crimson gaze searching for the familiar splotched figure of skeleton and horse.

He doesn’t expect to see someone else entirely instead. A bay and blue stallion with watery wings, the one that had offered him warmth in the Isle's festival when he had been but a lowly mortal nothing. “Crowns?” He asks, genuinely surprised as he stops beside him with a grin breaking on those once frowning lips.

obscene

@crowns
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Lately I've been so disconnected - by Obscene - 07-29-2021, 12:58 PM
    RE: Lately I've been so disconnected - by crowns - 08-20-2021, 09:51 AM
    RE: Lately I've been so disconnected - by Obscene - 08-23-2021, 04:36 PM
    RE: Lately I've been so disconnected - by crowns - 09-08-2021, 08:20 PM
    RE: Lately I've been so disconnected - by Obscene - 09-09-2021, 02:46 PM
    RE: Lately I've been so disconnected - by Reave - 09-10-2021, 11:56 AM