• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i was looking for a way out
    mazikeen
    Mazikeen wonders if Gale knows how far she is drifting away from the self that would have stopped him from hunting those inside Hyaline. It is smart to avoid it, she doesn’t doubt - although she’s grown tired of the peace it does give them, that peace also delays the day when they may have to run.

And then she wonders if he’s catching these thoughts of hers, though it does not matter. If he does then he will know, and if he doesn’t hear them he will find out where her thoughts stray one day when she suggests a fellow shifter for their evening meal.

The neighbouring land of Pangea is what he suggests and she’s quick to agree. “Perfect.” Long gone are the days when she tries to pretend she hasn't always agreed with everything he suggests, when she tries to delay responding to make it seem like she is thinking.

The wings she sprouts are not the usual white or black, but a deep iridescent blue - her orange eyes bright with a grin when they flare at her sides. They could walk through the mountain passages, the narrow pathways are dangerous and thrilling and there would be many places they could allow themselves to get sidetracked. But Mazikeen’s restlessness shifts to impatience, an eagerness and a hunger roaring within her. It’s been a while since they harassed that mare in the field and though she does enjoy hunting animals, there’s something special about what they’re about to do. There will be time to be sidetracked after they have found Gale a source of misery and maybe a new power or two.

And Pangea is close, outside of their home, and as its king and queen it only seems right that they be able to feast there when they wish.

They are only just over the mountains when movement in the shadows below catches her attention and she sees a horse being trailed by something that is only vaguely horse-like. Armoured and vicious-looking, it is the prehensile tail tipped with something sharp that really draws Mazikeen’s interest, and she gestures to the scene with a dark paw. “Looks like we’re not the only ones hunting tonight.”

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 08:41 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 07-31-2021, 10:01 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 07-31-2021, 11:15 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 07-31-2021, 12:01 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-01-2021, 05:11 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-03-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-03-2021, 01:11 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-04-2021, 07:09 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-05-2021, 08:13 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-09-2021, 08:23 AM