• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Let's cross the sea and get some culture

I'm coming back again
    I want to live tonight

”So teach them.” Tarian is right in this, he knows his children will need to be prepared before they run into the mounters and dark gods of Beqanna that were waiting for them. Still, he hesitates. He does not know the gray pegasus well enough to tell him of his own ruined childhood. Just a little while longer, he thinks. Just let them enjoy it a little longer, a life of ignorance and bliss. A life he had never gotten to experience for himself. So he simply nods and keeps his uncertainty to himself.

Moving on to Lillibet lightens the mood and he can see the hard edge of Tarian’s smile ease into something softer which only makes his good eye brighten even more with pride. He is pleased to see his daughter has struck a chord with the other stallion and he nods in agreement, a soft short laugh escaping him. “I wouldn’t doubt it.” He responds to his teasing words. Link was intelligent but might not have the patience for such things but his twin was bright and he can see his mate in her, all the things that made her a respected and successful ruler. Just as Cheri will be. “Of that I have no doubt.” And there is matching pride in his own voice, pleased that for once he had done some good in this world even if it hadn’t been much. The Champion speaks of old stories that he has never heard before despite his travels outside of Beqanna. “There is something about her that reminds me of old legends.” He admits. “I only hope she is ready for what’s to come.” He murmurs quietly, the brightness fading in his eye as he recalls what he had learned from his twilight mate. Dark magic to the East that he wants no part of.

“I’ll be honest with you Tarian. Oceane wishes to move the family away from Loess, to give Cheri the space she deserves to rule I assume, but for the twins sake…. I wish we could stay.” No matter how much he might miss his family when he makes the trek to Sylva, he at least knows they will be well guarded and watched over. In the autumn woodlands, such things aren’t guaranteed. And with whatever was brewing, old tensions that he remembers from centuries ago, he’s not sure he can protect them as well as he would like in such a place as Sylva.

Ledger

@Tarian

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Let's cross the sea and get some culture - by Ledger - 09-24-2021, 02:48 PM