• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  to understand and to be understood | ANY
    -IF YOU KNOW THE WHY, YOU CAN LIVE ANY HOW-

Ro lets out a content breath, joining the palomino in spying the youngsters. With a new day breaking upon the horizon, the waking seem to be bursting with energy. Squawks and squeals accompany the twiddling birds and the sounds of hooves through the foliage provide the percussion to the dawn symphony. Ro felt a twang in her heart as she watched a bachelor chase after a filly. She yearned to teach him better ways of wooing his goal. Sweet whispers and careful awareness had always won more hearts then the chase between prey and predator. 

Her gaze traveled back to Aela as the mare's voice carried over the distant laughs and jests. A court? A vision of castles and dragons and damsels in distress flashed behind her eyes, and the thought made her lips twitch. She had never seen such a regal gathering of souls such as a court. Did they have different ranks? Generals and knights? Commoners and a monarch? Did the ruling party have the task of overseeing the group like an alpha mare, or did they rely more on advisors to come to conclusions?

"What an interesting thing, hailing from a court. I suddenly have many questions. "

Ro listened as Aela spoke, her attention now fully upon the golden mare. Intelligence...beauty...magic? Brow furrowed, she thought of the latter. All she  knew of magic was from lullabies and fantastical stories told by the grandmothers of her former herd. She had matured with the impression that such things were just tales woven to entertain children. With a shake of her head, she pondered this latest news as she answered the questions that Aela posed. 

"No, I am not from here. Beqanna you said? What a nice name..."

She thought about her previous herd. Her home. As it dissolved into dust, she had raised her hopes that someone would help keep them together. She had believed they were a family, but she was too soft to protect the land, cast aside to care for the foals. She didn't mind. In fact, her heart grew with each day she spent with children of such hard lines. 

"I apologize. I seem to be flooded with memories all of a sudden. How strange. My herd...well, it's gone. Everyone moved on, and so I had to follow suit. Aela, I always though magic was nothing more then legends and stories. I'm having some difficulty believing that there really is magic in this world. Do you mean, like the magic of music or family? Surely control over actual mystical things isn't...well, a thing?"

Her eyes twinkled, her interest as peaked as it ever was as she thought of rings of fire and flying equines and souls with the ability to shift their form. Wouldn't be amazing if such fairytales came true?

@Aela
    OOC: No worries! same to you. My teething 8 month old is failing at this walking thing so its been a lot of chasing him around the last couple of days. XD
    [Image: deotdgg-9be85c06-884c-4bed-8762-e26e37a9...MvruPuTBzk]
    -THE BREAKING OF THE WAVE DOES NOT DEFINE THE WHOLLY SEA-

Messages In This Thread
    RE: to understand and to be understood | ANY - by Aurboro - 08-12-2021, 07:47 PM