• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  to understand and to be understood | ANY

YOU'RE ONLY AS SICK AS YOUR SECRETS

"Well, perhaps I can answer them for you." Aela said, and flicked her flaxen tail quietly against her haunches. She had come across untraited horses before and they usually didn't garner much attention from the Empath. The ungifted were usually disregarded by Aela, as she was always so curious to test her own powers against others.

The chestnut mare furrows her brows and Aela finds she is rather enjoying this meeting.

Aela took another step towards the sabino, attempting to catch a clearer glimpse of Auboro's memories and the emotions she was radiating. She was familiar with there being other lands beside Beqanna, but the Pampas mare rarely came across them herself. What had driven her here? What did she leave behind? How did other horses exist in other realms? She sees the barest glimpse of a herd, of days spent with foals and her lovely head tilts in the direction of the other female.

"Did you have no magic of your own?" Aela counters to Ro. For the few strangers she has encountered from other lands, she has never heard of there not being magic. It's as much a part of her as her stripes and the palomino can't imagine herself without the ability to wield flame or sense emotion. "I mean, we certainly have those that sing and there are plenty of families in Beqanna."

Large families, including her own.
    A hoard of siblings and relatives that Aela never seemed able to escape from.

But the images in Auboro's mind are as clear as the summer morning they stand in. A small smile curves on the edge of her mouth and the ring of fire that the russet-hued mare imagines becomes reality as Aela surrounds them in flames. The flames aren't overly large and will burn out, as she has no desire to seem them both reduced to ash. But Aela liked the spark in the other mare's eyes and she wanted to illuminate the scope of powers that a horse could hold in Beqanna. "I have a companion who can take any shape he wishes." Aela boasts, and then flashes an image of beautiful Skandar with the constellations glowing against his dark blue skin. "Our Prince can heal almost any wound." She continues and flashes another memory of handsome Obscene, his golden scales gleaming in the Pampas sun.

Remembering that Auboro had mentioned family, Aela adds as the memories clear: "I even have a brother who could tell you your future."

@Aurboro

Messages In This Thread
    RE: to understand and to be understood | ANY - by Aela - 08-15-2021, 07:27 PM