• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  feels like we're on the edge right now; any

all these voices in my head get loud
    i wish that i could shut them out
    i'm sorry that i let you down

Hyaline. In another life she might have been born here, or not. In that reality she likely would not have existed at all. Anath cannot know her distant and meaningless connection to this land, and it is unlikely any other will. She does not look like her dam and who would care anymore if she did? She is just an orphan of little worth or consequence. 

The mountain valley appears around her bright and foreign in it's summer glory. Amazed, the girl feels at home at once even if she is not meant to. The sunlight that warms her small back a welcome all its own. She is too young to get the sense that she is little more than a Prince's pet, probably as easy to discard as a frog caught along the shore. Every new experience becomes Anath's idea of normal.

A vast expanse of green soft grass extends out around her little body. It's the largest space she has ever stood in and she unconsciously tugs a little sunlight down around herself. It is an ephemeral, twisting wave of light, warm and comforting over her back and then weaving about her little tricolored legs like a  contented cat would. Trotting away from her arrival point until her feet sink into clover, Anath peers down toward the lake. Insects drift lazily between white blooms and her attention is soon drawn to these. The light she called to comfort herself breaks into a half dozen tendrils to chase and play with the little creatures. Pastel striped bees and white moths with stuttering wings are followed gently from bloom to bloom by the seeds of sunlight and the girl's  warm green eyes.

anath
    let you down

For Malik or any Smile. I had to write this on my phone. Sad

Messages In This Thread
    feels like we're on the edge right now; any - by Anath - 08-08-2021, 09:31 PM