• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  lonely in the cold nights, maze
    mazikeen
    His laugh startles her - it's a sound she can't remember ever hearing from him before - and the ears of this bear-form flatten against her skull in aggravation. “Doing whatever he tells me to do is why you and your family are still here.” Mazikeen didn't care for the strength with which Selaphiel had when he spoke to her now, so she resolves to try to throw him off balance once again. “I paid for your presence with my obedience, Selaphiel. There isn’t anything I didn't let him do to me in exchange for that.”

The markings on her skin are as much inspired by him as they are her past actions. It is insufferable to her now to think of how much she had cared, how much she had lowered herself just to protect others. But if she can wound Selaphiel with this knowledge, letting him imagine all the things Gale must have done to her so he wouldn’t do them to the angels, then her own suffering is worth it.

His warning about it being time to kill Gale comes too late and Mazikeen snorts but does not break his gaze. “I don’t want to kill him anymore.” She tells Selaphiel, though this isn’t strictly true. The desire to kill Gale comes and goes like the tide, depending on the day and what they’ve been doing. Some days it is easier to forget than others, though the moments where she does not wish for the ability to bypass the king’s healing are becoming fewer and farther between as her frustration with him grows.

But it is easier to confess things to Selaphiel that do not matter to her anymore so none of this makes its way through her snapping jaws as she instead bites out. “I don’t want to stop him from doing more damage.” And this is actually the truth. She wanted more, she wanted something to fill up the empty days and empty places inside of her. And she didn’t care whether it was her own flesh or that of someone else’s on the line.

@Selaphiel

Messages In This Thread
    lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Selaphiel - 08-12-2021, 02:24 PM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 08-15-2021, 11:16 AM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 08-25-2021, 08:56 AM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 08-31-2021, 05:31 PM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 09-09-2021, 01:11 PM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 09-10-2021, 07:01 PM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 09-20-2021, 08:42 AM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 09-25-2021, 02:18 PM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 10-03-2021, 03:08 PM