• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the less I know the better

His twin has gone off exploring on her own tonight so Nemeon does the same. He woke at sunset to find her there as always, illuminated by the very last rays of the sun he has never seen in the purple-blue sky. Though he does not think anything can harm him during the day, he appreciates her attentiveness and the company it brings - even if he’s not aware of it all the time.

Now he wanders alone through the meadow at midnight, the sky long since losing all colour and clouds dapple the sky, obscuring the light of the stars and moon. On clear nights he enjoys stargazing, making up stories for the different shapes that they see there but there is no point tonight - by the time he focuses on one cluster of stars, there is a cloud moving in to erase it from view. If there's going to be rain tonight, he hopes it comes soon so there will be a chance at a clear sky at some point tonight.

He’s on the look out for anything that glows, any light that he can gravitate towards. Although he’s used to the night-world, having known no other, there’s still a part of him that longs to see more than shadows. To find out what colour everything actually is.

His mother’s warnings about the effect that he might have on others linger in the back of his mind but Nemeon is a young dreamer and naturally curious. It is one thing to be kept in the dark constantly but he cannot avoid interactions with others forever. Just a small chat, a conversation at a distance that would make accidental touching impossible. Surely the risks would be minimal? And well worth it, to learn something and meet someone new.

open to any!
    Nemeon is radioactive
    Those that touch him may experience metallic taste, nosebleed, nausea, headache, hair loss and/or skin lesions.
    Symptoms become worse with prolonged exposure and onset is accelerated when exposed to his blood.

Messages In This Thread
    the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-14-2021, 12:48 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-21-2021, 07:21 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-22-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-30-2021, 01:39 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-05-2021, 09:50 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-06-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-09-2021, 03:09 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-09-2021, 08:25 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-19-2021, 03:06 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-19-2021, 05:29 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-25-2021, 12:10 PM