• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the less I know the better
    NEMEON
    The return of the white and green filly and then the absence of her draws his attention back to that spot, his tear-filled eyes accompanying a confused frown. The thoughts click into place and he realizes she must have heard the wishes that had been swirling inside of his mind.

First she had stopped, and then she had left. He stares at that spot where she had stood for a moment longer, finding that her absence hurts as much as the unintentional cruelty. Or the abruptness of the absence hurts - his pain is often scheduled, he could prepare himself for it if he knew how. He didn’t even know if Anaise was a friend or not but her leaving without a goodbye seems to answer that question well enough.

He feels guilty for those wishes now and does not know whether or not that guilt makes any sense.

A heavy, weary sigh escapes Nemeon and he turns away - his leathery wings folded tight against his sides as he goes to find either his sister or a spot to wait for the sun. Now he knows what he will look like when it finds him but there is no relief in this knowledge - but he may find some in the absence of being able to think at all during the day. For once, there is a part of this young boy looking forward to the nothingness that daylight will bring him.

@anaise
    Nemeon is radioactive
    Those that touch him may experience metallic taste, nosebleed, nausea, headache, hair loss and/or skin lesions.
    Symptoms become worse with prolonged exposure and onset is accelerated when exposed to his blood.

Messages In This Thread
    the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-14-2021, 12:48 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-21-2021, 07:21 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-22-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-30-2021, 01:39 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-05-2021, 09:50 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-06-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-09-2021, 03:09 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-09-2021, 08:25 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-19-2021, 03:06 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-19-2021, 05:29 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-25-2021, 12:10 PM