• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I don't know what you've done to me
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The sound of movement in the water catches his attention, and Gale looks out toward the center of the lake. His shadow is made long by Straia’s blazing tree behind him, but it doesn’t reach the mare in the water. Her own glowing body causes it to vanish, growing smaller as she draws nearer.

The horned mare is a stranger, but she acts as if she knows him, speaks as if he has been gone and has now returned. Her horns vanish as she reaches out to touch him, and only Gale’s eyes move in response, opening wider in surprise. He doesn’t flinch away, not even remembering those now-absent curled horns or seeing the myriad of scars that decorate her flesh.

She’s a warrior, he thinks, like his father.

Will Wolfbane be wondering where he is, Gale wonders? Or will Eyas have made an excuse for him, covering for him while he came...here? Wherever it is that here is? He thinks it might be Hyaline - they had a lake

When the mare asks if he is alright, it’s almost a relief to shake his head.

“No, I don’t think so.”

She is still standing very close, so Gale takes a small step to the side, turning his body so he might better see the white mare. “My name is Gale,” he tells her, even though he suspects she might know this. Perhaps she might also know why he is here, so he asks.

“I’m afraid I don’t quite know where I am. I’m supposed to be in Loess, I think, but I can’t remember leaving.” His frown is growing as he speaks, but lightens as he comes up with a possible solution: “Have I been stolen?” Perhaps she’s a magician, he thinks, and has taken his memories of the theft to keep him from running away too soon.

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    I don't know what you've done to me - by Mazikeen - 08-15-2021, 10:43 AM
    RE: I don't know what you've done to me - by Gale - 08-15-2021, 04:37 PM
    RE: I don't know what you've done to me - by Gale - 08-16-2021, 07:08 AM
    RE: I don't know what you've done to me - by Gale - 08-17-2021, 07:11 AM