• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  burn me to the ground, phae pony
    Frey once might have had a story that begins with Momma always told her; but the Fates, the Gods, and the endless magic of Beqanna had a destiny for her Momma that not even her Momma could understand.

So she might start with Momma always told me but when she says Momma she stutters over the word and peers up at the elk shining with sympathy. "Momma always told me she loved me," she'd say, on a whisper, and the denmothers would ruffle her fuzzy mane and laugh sadly (laugh in a way that Frey wouldn't come to understand until some years later). Momma did tell her she loved her--she told her she loved her several times and spoke the name Frey like a prayer--

then disappeared two days after Frey's birthday.

Frey has yet to experience an always. The only surety in her life is the soft meadow grass and the quiet elk. Even then, they have no desire to keep her here. To Frey's simple child mind, that does not mean always. Her always should be a mother keeping Frey fiercely tucked to her side.

There is no always and that is why she often wanders from the Adoption Den.

So when she hears the soft hello, Frey strides toward it confidently, searching for her always:

"Hello."

And though this does not immediately feel as if certainty stands before her, Frey feels herself clinging to the boy's white face with the ferocity of one who knows abandonment intimately.

"I'm Frey. Is your mom around?"

@hadrien nakey post >:(

Messages In This Thread
    burn me to the ground, phae pony - by hadrien - 08-21-2021, 08:39 PM
    RE: burn me to the ground, phae pony - by frey - 08-22-2021, 08:38 PM
    RE: burn me to the ground, phae pony - by hadrien - 08-30-2021, 01:56 PM
    RE: burn me to the ground, phae pony - by frey - 09-06-2021, 08:20 PM
    RE: burn me to the ground, phae pony - by hadrien - 09-08-2021, 02:43 PM
    RE: burn me to the ground, phae pony - by frey - 09-21-2021, 07:38 PM
    RE: burn me to the ground, phae pony - by hadrien - 09-25-2021, 01:23 PM
    RE: burn me to the ground, phae pony - by frey - 10-05-2021, 12:07 PM
    RE: burn me to the ground, phae pony - by hadrien - 10-16-2021, 11:34 AM