• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  In every tree a black bird
    The cave is deep and dark and no doubt cold, and like so many caves of its sort, full of ancient ice and ancient water. When he follows her gaze into its depths, he sees the futures where he leaps into it, though he can sense no floor far past his own toes; he sees futures where they both leap, and ones where they do not. There are more possibilities than he can imagine and there's a giddy rush in guessing at which is the Truth that will come.

"I'm Raum," he offers lightly to the too-full darkness, then turns to her again, black-tipped ears eager, "What do you see, when you look in there?"

Looking at her brings the Shadows to his attention again, the souls lingering close to her, leaning over her. The boy lets his gaze soften as though looking through them into the distance, and he wonders if it is possible to insult the dead without wondering if it is wise to do so.

"I know it's dark, but I can barely see the shadows through the pictures." Raum's grin falters slightly as he struggles to explain. The images come all the time, he has so little control over them. His visions play in every simple shadow and across the starry sky until it is never night at all but a world of imagery he barely understands. He struggles to turn the magic off.

"There's a lake in there that never freezes, not even in winter," He says, plucking his future out of the void, and then he licks his lips as if he can taste the salinity of the water, "You wanna see if I'm right?"
    Raum
    in every bird a black thought

@baptiste
    Please tag ratty or Raum* (<--with the asterisk) in threads!

Messages In This Thread
    In every tree a black bird - by Raum* - 08-22-2021, 03:41 PM
    RE: In every tree a black bird - by baptiste - 08-22-2021, 04:23 PM
    RE: In every tree a black bird - by Raum* - 08-24-2021, 09:03 PM
    RE: In every tree a black bird - by baptiste - 09-06-2021, 03:34 PM
    RE: In every tree a black bird - by Raum* - 09-10-2021, 07:22 PM
    RE: In every tree a black bird - by baptiste - 09-19-2021, 04:42 PM