• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  that’s my cross to bear

He didn't seek her out, and so Aela's mind tries to make connections in this place that doesn't seem to make any sense to her. The palomino has certainly dreamed of the Tephran volcano erupting before; it's a fervent childhood wish that has been carried into adulthood, fueled by the same "friend" that she searches for even now.

Aela - while almost always hyperaware of the emotions of others - has always been careful with hers, and where else would she reveal so much of herself but a dream?

If everything else seems so obscure here, what else might be?

In the pale, silver light, the striped alicorn snaps back at her. It would seem her charade of feigned innocence would do nothing here, and so she no longer bothers with it. Her blue eyes sharpen on the winged stallion, glinting briefly on his sharp horn before they return to the dark red angles of his face. From beneath the viridian green of a large palm plant, a large tiger comes pacing from the shadows and places itself next to the gold-and-red brute.

The flickering beneath her skin finally breaks free from her golden stripes, and Aela becomes the consuming flame that she so often loves to be.

"Then do something," she crackles over splintering wood and burning leaves, starting to become more wildfire than mare.

@lannister

They doused your soul in water,
    but the flames raged higher.
    And they called you devil's daughter,
    such a pretty liar.

Messages In This Thread
    that’s my cross to bear - by lannister - 08-23-2021, 08:45 AM
    RE: that’s my cross to bear - by Aela - 08-23-2021, 09:30 PM
    RE: that’s my cross to bear - by lannister - 09-05-2021, 04:43 PM
    RE: that’s my cross to bear - by Aela - 09-08-2021, 06:06 PM
    RE: that’s my cross to bear - by lannister - 09-09-2021, 05:01 PM
    RE: that’s my cross to bear - by Aela - 09-22-2021, 05:38 PM