• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  I walk these lines of blasphemy every day || Any
    I am Heaven sent, don't you dare forget

“Aela, the Seneschal.” He says with a faint smile, pride shining in the bright yellow of his eyes. “She adopted me.” He adds after a beat with a small shrug, letting his tawny gaze travel back to the ruined flowers at their hooves. He doesn’t say anything more about it, not wanting to recall the memories of his birth mother or that dark time he had spent in the Den. When he looks back at her, she is no longer a panther. Instead, a shimmering cobalt filly (a little older than himself) stands beside him and he gives her a grin and an appreciative nod at how easily she can slip from one skin to another. She was pretty, he notices, looking into her mismatched eyes. Not like the way his best friend was with her starlit pelt and that serious midnight gaze. But pretty nevertheless. 

His grin fades slightly at her tone and sad smile and he pauses as he looks around them for a moment. The openness had never really bothered him much although he was more inclined to shadowy places himself. They always seemed to call to him and that underlying darkness that he had been born with, the thing that his dam had sensed (beyond his “creepy” powers) and been wary of. Was Sickle’s mother afraid of her too? Was that why she was here with them instead of wherever she had come from?  “What is your home like?” He asks her, curious and wondering if perhaps talking about it might make her a little less sad. Unaware that it might spark the opposite response.

Taking a few steps further into the burnt field, he turns to her with a little gleam of mischief in his feral gaze. “No. But I can do this.” And before he can even blink, the entire razed field bursts into flame except for where he stands. He closes his eyes and the fire dies down until the space around him is filled with small flaming flowers that hit just above his hocks. A small imitation of what Firion had shown him with his shadows. Wild yellow eyes burst open as he feels himself losing his grip and the flowers sizzle out, leaving him alone amongst smoke that rises lazily to the sky. “Still working on that.” He says in his quiet way, glancing around him with a small frown. He was still learning to be proud of his accomplishments and fire runs down his back as he looks at her, uncertain if she would be impressed or not.

fyr

@Sickle

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I walk these lines of blasphemy every day || Any - by Fyr - 09-15-2021, 02:49 PM