• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I just want one more chance to put my arms in fragile hands

WE ARE ALL JUST FRAGILE THINGS /
    SOFT AND SMALL /
    BUT ALL THE BROKEN CAN FIND /
    HOPE IN THE MOST UNEXPECTED PLACES /

There is obvious pain written on the face of the winged mare, despite the way that the dark would hide it. Lilliana can't make out the clear lines of it on Ciri's face, but she can hear the way that the other mare exhales like she is still trying to hold everything within her together. Her bonded continues to warn her through her connection - that they need to go, that they need to leave (though for some reason, he can't reveal why; all  Leonidas reveals to be wary of the dark).

Lilliana knows better than most to fear the Dark, and despite those lessons, she takes another cautious step towards the pegasus.

The stars surrounding them start to turn red, making Leonidas stand out amongst the fiery heavens that accompany Ciri. Reminding herself to focus on the injured horse nearby, to not tense at the memory of having them so close, the slender chestnut keeps talking despite the terse tone of the other. (And during this time, she sees the most obvious of Ciri's injuries. The odd angle of her broken wing. The way her weight favors one side more than the other.)

This would be so much easier if Lilliana still had her healing, but that gift was gone. Taken in a trade to save the Magician who had protected her sons. "It's nice to meet you, Ciri." The former Taigan tells her, continuing in the same soft voice. "I'd like to help you, if you let me." She tells her, and comes closer to the injured woman.

"You need a Tephran for this lake to work," Lilliana says, "but I was unable to find anybody on my way in. It's unlike Warden or Wishbone to absent...," she continues, failing to hide her concern for her friends. Ciri - who had most likely been standing here for hours in pain - had probably come to the same realization. That Tephra was empty, and those still here, were most likely hiding. (From what?) Leonidas comes down again, and hovers near the two mares, illuminating the injuries of the other one more clearly. The chestnut comes closer, angling her body alongside Ciri's and motioning that pegasus could drape her injured wing over her slim shoulder.

"Leonidas," she tilts her head up to the silver-blue star that lingers nearby, "says there is something wrong here and we need to leave." It's only now that her calm voice breaks slightly, giving way to a hint of Leonidas' urgency. "Please, let me help you."

@Ciri

fragile things (reprise) - megan hilty
    image credit to footybandit

but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I just want one more chance to put my arms in fragile hands - by lilliana - 09-06-2021, 07:15 PM