• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  We can make our own damn rules and break them too
    I am Heaven sent, don't you dare forget

A crisp nod is what he gives in return, yellow eyes brightening at the mention of the mother he now had. “Oh yes.” He says with a small smile, his previous dam and her harsh words momentarily forgotten. “Aela is teaching me how to be terrible in all the good ways.” And now he flashes a quick grin before his nerves eat it away, letting his gaze fall back to the shadows that writhe around Firion’s legs. Noticing how they rise and fall in a concerto that only they seem to be able to hear.

As the older golden stallion tilts his head, the younger paler one mimics him. “Well they are dead of course?” He says, confusion screwing up his face until it twists into slight disappointment. “I thought maybe you could see them too.” He says with a soft frown as he looks up at his sire and then glances nearby to see if the bloody mare was still around. It seemed he had lost his grasp on her in the excitement of meeting Firion and hadn’t even noticed. Oh well.

When Firion acknowledges that he doesn’t really have a home, the young colt nods in sympathetic understanding. He had once not had a home too. Perhaps this really was himself after all, surely this couldn’t be a coincidence. ”Monsters are usually just that.” The older him agrees as well and this little bit of knowledge settles firmly into his brain with that confirmation, knowing this is just as important as the word “terrible” and it's many connotations. "You can always come see my home... If you want." He offers awkwardly. "It's not as nice and dark as here... But you could visit. If you wanted to."

At the offer of seeing the monster that he once was (and remembering now that monsters are usually just misunderstood souls like the ones he summons), he nods eagerly and a flicker of fire courses down his spine with a thrill of anticipation. “Yes. Please.” He breathes out, feral eyes widening as he wonders what else this future him could do.

fyr

@firion

Messages In This Thread
    RE: We can make our own damn rules and break them too - by Fyr - 09-24-2021, 12:17 PM