• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we could all be brought to pieces

The slightly smaller pegasus bumps Tarian - knocking a little sense into him - as her hip goes against his. He glances at Altissima, understanding her meaning well enough. He might be uncertain about the changes that would take place over the ensuing months - but this - his tentative touch would have to. His smile turns rueful, a quiet apology in place of his earlier reluctance.

Altissima's tug on his mane becomes more playful, and his blunt teeth give an equally hard tug on hers, obliging in her request that he treat no differently than before.

"What if I wanted to call you Glowy?" he asked teasingly, laughing against the lovely arc of her neck. "I think it suits you better."

He stands there a moment, imagining their child. He has similar thoughts, that their child might share a shine similar to its parents. That it will have wings, as he and Altissima do. His blue eyes roam over the curve of her spine, wondering if it would be speckled like its mother or if it might share her ability in changing the color of its eyes. He wonders if it will be quiet like him, or fearless like their mother. There are so many possibilities that Tarian decides there is no way to consider them all, and it seems even less likely that they all could take the form in just one child.

A child, he thinks again, still hardly believing the fact.

"We did," Tarian murmurs, coming back to Altissima. It makes him think briefly of when he first arrived in Loess, and spoke to Lepis about his family history. The way that the Legacy clan had traced their heritage through the name of their forefather's. "My grandfather's name meant valiant in our language. And my father's name meant the good yet to come." He's never explained it this way, it's always been that he was the son of Malachi, who had been the son of Valerio, who had been the son of Ichiro. He smiles warmly against her, "Mine means to shield, to protect."

Tarian had always wondered what Altissima meant; if the parents that left her in Pangea meant to give her name as strong as the woman she became. He wonders if they might start a tradition all their own. "What if we named them after you?"

TARIAN

@Altissima

Messages In This Thread
    we could all be brought to pieces - by Tarian - 08-25-2021, 04:42 PM
    RE: we could all be brought to pieces - by Tarian - 08-25-2021, 07:18 PM
    RE: we could all be brought to pieces - by Tarian - 08-25-2021, 08:09 PM
    RE: we could all be brought to pieces - by Tarian - 08-27-2021, 10:58 AM
    RE: we could all be brought to pieces - by Tarian - 08-27-2021, 06:32 PM
    RE: we could all be brought to pieces - by Tarian - 08-28-2021, 07:12 PM
    RE: we could all be brought to pieces - by Tarian - 09-01-2021, 08:09 PM