• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i taste the bitterness [Reave; Any]

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

If ever there was a bane to Reave’s existence, it is boredom. Of course, it is never appearance that determines one’s interest. It often happens that the most fascinating creatures are wrapped in the most mundane countenances, and the northern Guardian knows this better than most.

He had lucked out when he had inherited a body to match his mind (though most would likely not call inheriting gore and pain luck). His abilities however? Those had come straight from his grandmother, a woman who had been born into an appearance so mundane it had garnered no attention whatsoever. And yet, she had shaped so much of this land that her name still lives on in infamy despite her years long absence.

Reave may be loath to follow anything that might resemble destiny, but even he could not completely ignore the blood that courses in his veins. Not when it is spread through so much of Beqanna now.

So the bone-hewn stallion does not judge this stranger by the common inkiness of a pelt littered by scars or the equally common wings at his sides. No, he judges him by the memories that tangle in those scars, weighed down by their emotions. He judges him by the past he can see glinting in fire-bright eyes. He judges him by the practiced disinterest the stranger now regards him with.

As the winged stallion replies with banalities, the grin teasing the edge’s of Reave’s lips widens, the gleam in his blue eyes deepening. Despite the leisurely countenance, the other stallion is clearly on high alert. Reave does not divert his attention however. At least, not outwardly. No, Reave’s eyes and ears circle far above them, keeping watch far better than he could here on the ground. He is not still however, his legs as restless as his mind even as he watches the stranger with a keen intensity.

“This land has no Lord,” Reave replies, his voice edged with light amusement. “Only a Guardian.” He smiles, his features decidedly impish the glow cast by his bones. “But luckily for you, you do have the pleasure. I am Reave.”

reave

@Cassiell

Messages In This Thread
    i taste the bitterness [Reave; Any] - by Cassiell - 08-26-2021, 01:49 PM
    RE: i taste the bitterness [Reave; Any] - by Reave - 08-30-2021, 08:56 AM