• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  I'm searching for fragile bones
    That frigid northern wind, tinged with scents of sea and charred earth, beckoned him onward. And so onward he flew, dark wings carrying him to the heart of this frozen kingdom, his midnight pelt drab in comparison to the beauty of its evening sky; for there the aurora borealis danced with those shimmering shades of azure and emerald playing against one another in a never-ending flirtation. For all his years, for all his scars, for all that he was, still Cassiell could admire the beauty of that sky.

And admire it he did.

Strong wings surging in self-assured strokes, the brute continued on in his foray, forging ever-deeper into a territory he had no business being in. And while he flew, his molten gaze skimmed the granite island unfurling far below, its scarred surface telling a story just as surely as his own marred form told such a tale all its own. But as for the story in question? Being a stranger to these lands, he couldn't even begin to guess at what had happened here. The black glass shimmered upon the beach like so many broken dreams. The charred trees of the forest in the distance gaped at him in a grotesque pantomime of a smile. And then there was the fire -- those blue flames which burned with all the insatiable fury of the devil himself there beside that heart-shaped lake.

The irony of it all.

It was to that latter point that the midnight pegasus was inevitably drawn, his curiosity luring him in closer and closer until hooves of tarnished bronze were finally digging into the earth there at the lakeside to carry him onward on foot. Wings tucking alongside his ribcage, he lifted his skull heavenward and tested at the air, nostrils flaring as he drank in deeply of the various scents ghosting along the frigid breeze. Upon his subsequent exhale, his breath unfurled before him in wisps of fog like dragon smoke as he drew to a pause before the burning tree. Azure flames reflected within the depths of his golden gaze, he simply stood there and looked upon the peculiar sight of it all -- an ebon phantom in truth on this night as he was being bathed in the flickering tongues of that never-failing, eerie glow.

cassiell

temperance is a virtue

Dark Pegasus by Tatiana Yamshanova used with permission.

@Ciri

Messages In This Thread
    I'm searching for fragile bones - by Cassiell - 08-27-2021, 09:54 PM
    RE: I'm searching for fragile bones - by Ciri - 08-30-2021, 09:53 AM
    RE: I'm searching for fragile bones - by Cassiell - 08-30-2021, 07:46 PM
    RE: I'm searching for fragile bones - by Ciri - 09-06-2021, 08:13 PM