• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  everyone wants to see what I see
    you used to tell me we'd turn into something
    oh, you said life was much better than this
    Are you looking for warmth today, Lannister?

He falls into a memory, a fine line between this biting reality and the gentle warmth of his father. When he was but a spindly newborn, nothing but long legs and a wobbly head, he sought out that warmth. The loving, reverent touch of his father to his forehead every time he delighted him with something new.

Lannister remembers nights when his magic warred out of control, when he couldn’t control even the smallest bits of their realm. There were endless, drowning oceans and devastating, cold winters.

Every time, he ended up shivering, saved by the sheer will of Elio. His father would dip his head, watch Lan with eyes that matched his. He’d say, concern coloring every consonant and vowel of his tone, “We need to get you warm.”

The memories fall away with a blink, only a couple of seconds of reality lost. Lannister paints that handsome, practiced smile across his mouth and dips his head in thanks. “How lovely that is against all this winter,” he answers as he takes a step forward, pulling half his body into the bubble of heat. “How can I thank you for such a gift, Beyza?” he adds with a small, humbled smile.

Lannister, being a creature of another realm himself, hardly notices Beyza’s unearthly stillness, her practiced movements so similar to his. He tilts his head and observes her, thinking nothing terribly out of the ordinary.

“What brings you to the Meadow?”

lannister

@ Beyza

Messages In This Thread
    everyone wants to see what I see - by Beyza - 08-28-2021, 09:54 AM
    RE: everyone wants to see what I see - by Beyza - 09-07-2021, 02:41 PM
    RE: everyone wants to see what I see - by lannister - 09-13-2021, 05:36 PM
    RE: everyone wants to see what I see - by Beyza - 09-16-2021, 08:59 AM
    RE: everyone wants to see what I see - by Beyza - 09-26-2021, 05:05 PM