• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ascending to the Stars as one | The Great Accord

oceane
    a little white light
    in a sea gone black

Oceane takes a backseat as Cheri’s guests arrive and gather around the plateau and at the base of the escarpment, though the concession is not initially an easy choice for her to make. But with the inside of her cheek caught anxiously between her blunted teeth, the outgoing Loessian Queen watches with decreasing uncertainty and mounting pride as her successor makes her first moves as the Kingdom’s sovereign. The young woman presents herself well, stepping into the role confidently and with poise. Her idea is received well ─ a long, slow exhale falls from Oceane’s maw at this fact ─ and she takes the constructive criticism offered in return with grace.

Even the commentary provided by Obscene, the one individual she knew Cheri had, at one point, harbored uncertainty in working with, is handled well by the young Queen. And it’s at that moment any of Oceane’s remaining misgivings are swept away.

They reach an accord much more swiftly than Oceane could have hoped (she has a brief flashback to the chaos following Castile’s reign, pleased now with just how far they had come in diplomatic relations) ─ it’s atypical to bring so many together and find the strength to point each person towards the same goal, but the discord in the East has come to their aid in this way. And when the gem-encrusted woman has begun to draw their meeting to a close, Oceane steps closer to the precipice of the hillock upon which she stands.

When she finally speaks, it's to those who have congregated at the behest of the kingdom's new matriarch. “I find myself increasingly optimistic for the future of our kingdoms,” the genie's voice is warm and dignified, “in part, thanks to all of you who have gathered with the willingness to embrace change. But also thanks to Cheri, whose innovative ideas will propel us into the future.” Her warm amber eyes turn to the young Queen, a warm smile blossoming across her lips.

“Please join me in congratulations Cheri as she takes the helm of the Southern kingdom.” She nods gracefully to the younger woman, relinquishing the burden of the kingdom with a sudden nicker of melancholy. “Please let Ledger and I know how Sylva can help in guiding your vision forward. Congratulations, Cheri. You are going to do great things.”

— @Cheri et al —
    “”
    s | n

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Ascending to the Stars as one | The Great Accord - by Oceane - 10-12-2021, 10:21 AM