• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I know that I'm better off alone but I know you can feel me
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

There is something suggestive that glints in the gold of her eyes, something that lingers as her lips press together in a thin smile. He had answered a question, pressed it into her mind again, but she’s certain it isn’t an entirely true one. Nor does it answer what she had really wanted to know. That source of his anger.

His shadows fade and curl back into him and she watches them with interest as they absorb into his dark skin, noticing that the way the constellations blaze across his midnight flesh remind her of bleached bones come to life. He asks her name, calls her a fool, and she can’t help but give a surprised laugh despite the insult. She thinks he might be amused as well but he is still so hard for her to read, she isn’t entirely sure.

“Bardot.” That simmering in his crimson eyes has changed to something else as she looks back up at him. He could have just taken her name if he had wanted it, just as he had taken over her body. She would have pushed it to the forefront of her mind though, given it as willingly as it was demanded, just as she had made room for him inside of herself. It makes her pause, trying to sort out her own conflicted feelings in regards to this discourteous stranger, because it must mean something if he had asked for it instead. She wants to ask him for his as well but has a feeling he won’t be as forthcoming as she is. And so she asks instead, “Do you make it a habit of insulting people you’ve just met?” Those golden eyes remain sharp on him but it doesn’t stop a faint smile from dancing briefly across her own dark mouth.

They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself;
    html © dante.

@draco
    [Image: BQjeje-Bardot2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I know that I'm better off alone but I know you can feel me - by Bardot - 10-08-2021, 12:26 PM