• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  I'm just warming up
    mazikeen
    A few days Gale had told her.

So she had waited a few days, she had raged for a few days, and then she hadn’t been able to take it anymore. She left Hyaline, her body almost entirely covered in fire-bright cracks. She can sense Gale in Tephra, his thoughts clearer as she arrives on that side of the continent, but she does not go to him. Although she is annoyed that he is finally doing something and it’s without her - her focus is instead on a land she’s never been to. The one Aela had mentioned and that Gale had shown her, along with the one who would be stealing their daughter.

The Pampas.

Compared to the pines and near-constant winter in Hyaline, the vivid display of wildflowers even in autumn is almost an assault on her eyes. She flies over it as a griffin, her orange eyes scanning for the iridescent blue filly but not seeing her. Even her sharp eagle eyes cannot tell that Sickle is camouflaged as a pastel-coloured fox, napping beneath a canopy of flowers in the meadow after spending her night chasing nightmares.

Far past subtlety and any chance at decorum, Mazikeen doesn’t hide her search and when it ends in disappointment she does not return to the border to wait to be greeted. She continues to fly until she spies Aela and makes right for her. She lands heavily, remaining as she is but she is the same blood-red colour she had been when they first met and wears those same curved horns on her eagle's head. Only now it is splintered and cracked through with fire-bright markings fed by her anger.

Although she tries to land close, as though for a friendly conversation, her claws dig into the grass instead of flesh. She’ll attack if she needs to but that is not her first tactic today. Her dark beak snaps out her question. “Where is my daughter?!” Maybe it’s just her rage, or maybe it is an impression formed when they had met, but she has no doubt that Aela will know exactly who she is speaking of.

@Aela

Messages In This Thread
    I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 08-30-2021, 03:22 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 09-06-2021, 10:56 AM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 11:24 AM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-20-2021, 07:18 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 09-22-2021, 07:33 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-25-2021, 01:23 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 09-26-2021, 06:53 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Skandar - 09-28-2021, 07:46 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-29-2021, 08:34 AM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 10-07-2021, 09:49 AM