• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  I'm just warming up
    mazikeen
    For a few short moments, Mazikeen loses herself in the tangled fight with the other shifter. She welcomes the pain of his fangs sinking into her scaled skin and the way it sharpens her focus. The noise she makes when her claws dig into his skin is somewhere between a purr and a growl - the act of fighting now hopelessly tangled up with other desires for this beast that does not deserve or want anything different.

But it is not just the two of them here and Mazikeen’s attention snaps away when Aela calls out for Sickle. And the stupid girl comes over, just like that. She is a phoenix of flickering colours, trailed by another of vibrant blue. Mazikeen’s talons grip tighter on the throat in her grasp but it is more reflex than an attack when she hears Sickle say that she is not her mother.

Before she can say anything on the matter beyond a growl, a sharp searing pain brings her back to the creature beneath her and the lasers bite into the joint of her wing. She twists away, abandoning her hold on him and a line of his gaze sears across the dragon scales of her throat and chest as she protects that more delicate limb. Those wings were needed to get out of here, she couldn’t allow them to be removed.

Exhaustion continues to bleed through her mind but she is so close to achieving her goal she pushes herself through these last few moments. Every beat of her wing is agony and it keeps her rooted in the present as she rises - growing more now until she is as large as she can manage. Lost in that mess of her own mind, she loses the ability to speak again. Her red-orange eyes are only on Sickle and with a final, terrific roar she launches herself over the unknown opponent, over Aela, and snatches the terrified phoenix-girl in her claws.

The second, the girl’s companion, attempts to bite at Mazikeen’s tight grip but cannot touch another so he is forced to trail behind as the dragon takes its leave. It has what it has come for, and it is already forgetting the now insignificant figures left behind in the seared patch of earth below.

Messages In This Thread
    I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 08-30-2021, 03:22 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 09-06-2021, 10:56 AM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 11:24 AM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-20-2021, 07:18 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 09-22-2021, 07:33 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-25-2021, 01:23 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 09-26-2021, 06:53 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Skandar - 09-28-2021, 07:46 PM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Mazikeen - 09-29-2021, 08:34 AM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Aela - 10-07-2021, 09:49 AM
    RE: I'm just warming up - by Sickle - 10-07-2021, 07:53 PM