• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the light of a thousand suns
    The child wants a monster? There are plenty of them in the Sylvan wood, watching, waiting, deciding what their own futures hold. Manny has already decided, she will not be run off so easily. Instead, she wraps herself in a miasma of peace that so contradicts the predatory nature of her being and slips through her home in search of invaders. It is how she happens on the girl, glowing in the night like the fireflies the hippogryph used to hunt and catch and eat in the Pampas until her beak glowed a soft yellow-green with their bitter light. The memory makes her smile - would her mouth glow if she ate this glow-worm girl?

"Are you yelling at me?" she asks from the shadowed path, stepping forward into the soft glow emanating from the young princess. There is a whisper of threat in the smoky rumble of her voice, but with the peaceful magic leaching from her skin, the filly is unlikely to be very afraid. The confidence (and foolishness) of youth! The chimera slinks forward, overtaking her quarry easily to wrap around her like a fond cat.

You remember me, don't you? Her magic whispers to the girl's memories,We are old friends, you and I. You will remember you've always called me Manny, if you think very hard, and I have called you Glow-Worm.

Manikin pauses, affixing her sharp gaze on the child with mild reproach.

"You haven't forgotten me, have you, Glow-Worm?"

Will the memories hold? Memory is such a funny thing and so soft in children, so apt to get take suggestion when one is too full of imagination.
    Image by ratty

@Lillibet

Messages In This Thread
    the light of a thousand suns - by Lillibet - 08-30-2021, 06:20 PM
    RE: the light of a thousand suns - by Manikin - 09-03-2021, 09:35 AM
    RE: the light of a thousand suns - by Link - 09-03-2021, 12:16 PM
    RE: the light of a thousand suns - by Lillibet - 09-11-2021, 10:06 AM
    RE: the light of a thousand suns - by Manikin - 10-08-2021, 09:30 PM
    RE: the light of a thousand suns - by Link - 10-14-2021, 12:14 PM
    RE: the light of a thousand suns - by Lillibet - 10-15-2021, 11:10 AM