• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  tear down hollows, take back eternity; Nashua

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

The magic stolen from Taiga is not something he can do anything about at this exact moment, though he lays his plans for that future day when he can. For now though, he allows the subject to fade. He has said all that needs saying on it, and Nashua’s nod is all he needs to know his brother understands.

Reave has understood for a very long time just how important family is to Nashua. It is the force that drives him constantly forward. There are some that Reave too holds close to his heart, though Nash certainly does not approve of all of them. But then, Aela is as much family to him as she is to Reave. And despite the protestations he would undoubtedly give, Reave knows he could not pick and choose while proclaiming family sacred in the very same breath.

The Guardian however, has chosen. He would not pretend to hold them all sacred as his brother has.

He doesn’t reply immediately to the Freyr’s musings. Nashua imagines a world in which all are united and peace reigns. Reave sees only the impossibility of this. Even if he could not follow threads to the future, he would know it is an impossible dream. But he can, and not a single one leads to the unity Nashua so desperately desires.

It is only when the pegasus asks his thoughts that Reave finally responds. There is a note of finality in his voice when he declares, “There is no world in which we would not have to make the choices you want to avoid.” There is regret in his eyes as he holds his brother’s gaze, but he needs him to understand. “And just as Cheri has to do what is best for the South, we have to do what is best for the North.” He pauses then, drawing in a breath. He does not avert his gaze. He would not shy away from this. “If you cannot make those decisions, then I will.”

For a moment, he is silent. The sharpness of his stare gentles ever so slightly. He knows Nashua understands, no matter how much he might not wish to. And for the first time in a very long time, Reave feels a flicker of sympathy. Rune, he knows. “I wish I could tell you something else.” He hesitates before continuing, “The future is often uncertain, but in this… there are no paths that lead to the future you want.”

After a moment, he adds, “Will you allow me to do what is necessary?” It doesn’t matter, of course. Reave would do it anyway. But still, he respects his brother enough to ask.

reave

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    RE: tear down hollows, take back eternity; Nashua - by Reave - 09-10-2021, 09:33 AM