• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't come find me; any
    The years have come and gone. Divest used to count every passing year, noting the different seasons that came and went. Eventually though, she stopped counting. Time merged, blending, into one.

It was only the changing of each seasons, marking a new period, that reminded her the world was still moving. Perhaps she would even forget the passing of seasons too—would time in the end have no meaning then?

Maybe she was always destined for this—living a life where there was no end, at a standstill. An immortal life by its own nature where time is perceived differently. Time would become irrelevant, existing would not matter, and then life would have no meaning.

When you can live forever what is there to live for?

She needed to know—needed to find the answer.

But where could she start? Where could she find her answer?

Beqanna

She remembered it.

The beginning of it all. The land she had once known—once had called home.

Home, she thinks and turns towards the direction of Beqanna, the ingrained instinct buried deep within her, takes her there.

---

The air is hot and humid when Divest first arrives back to the land of magic, but she can feel the hidden crisp edges of winter biting at her heels. Even if there were no signs of winter here, she knew not too far away there was lands filled with snow or was it the uncertainty she faced that bit at her heels.

Divest inhales the warm tropical air. Her silver eyes trace along the jungle treeline, noting the different bright colorful flowers and flora that decorate the landscape, and then drift up to the horizon of the jungle. In the distance, the smoke from a small volcano drifts in a slow and constant motion. She has seen the volcano a thousand times before from the viewpoint of her childhood home—one of the small islands off the coast.

She isn’t sure what brings her here, to Tephra, instead of returning to the island from where it all began for her. Would she not find the answers she was seeking there instead of here? Divest has always been one to follow with logic and reason, but this time she has decided to follow her instinct instead.

Shaking her head, the pastel mare tosses her silver mane. Divest lets her thoughts slip away and proceeds into the jungle, following a worn-out path that she thinks may lead her to the heart of Tephra.
    [Image: Wi3xi5K.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    (pixel via bronzehalo)

Messages In This Thread
    don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-02-2021, 11:14 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-06-2021, 08:07 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-06-2021, 03:38 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-07-2021, 09:27 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-08-2021, 10:13 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-09-2021, 09:28 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 09-09-2021, 11:02 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Gale - 09-10-2021, 07:59 AM